Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Aging Meatloaf?

OK, tried a meatloaf recipe this week. I pulled it off the back of the Progresso Bread Crumbs. I will post it later. I used a bit too much pepper, but it turned out OK after sitting a while in the refrigerator. A lot of foods tend to taste better after you let them sit a day in the refrigerator. That happened with my previous meatloaf as well. This one has an Italian taste to it and the pepper overwhelmed the other flavors right after taking it out of the oven. After letting it sit in the fridge for two days I had it last night and it had mellowed a lot and was quite tasty.

This happens with a lot of food that involves the mixing and matching of ingredients like meat, veggies and spices, I think. Some flavors, of course, are great right out of the pot, but most of these and many of the slow cooker foods I make taste better the second time around.

I am making myself hungry.

No comments: