This is one of the most decadent desserts I have ever eaten. It is also very fattening, but then, most very good desserts are! I was introduced to this at the first birthday party where I work. We have birthday parties for just about everyone who has birthdays there and this one was provided by my main assistant, who made it himself. It is really really rich.
YIELD: 1 9X13 CAKE PAN
24 EGG YOLKS
2 CUPS SUGAR
1/2 GALLON (2 QUARTS) HEAVY CREAM
1 SQUEEZE BOTTLE CARAMEL TOPPING
· SLICE CROISSANTS LENGTH-WISE AND ARRANGE IN 9X13 CAKE PAN
· SCALD CREAM AND SUGAR
· TEMPER INTO EGG YOLKS
· POUR MIXTURE OVER SLICED CROISSANTS
· DRIZZLE TOP OF CROISSANTS WITH CARAMEL TOPPING
· PLACE CAKE PAN INTO A LARGER PAN; FILL LARGER PAN UNTIL WATER COMES ABOUT 1/2 WAY UP THE CAKE PAN
· BAKE AT 350 DEGREES UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN OR CUSTARD IS SET (ABOUT 1 HOUR)
· SERVE WITH STRONG, HOT COFFEE AND WHIPPED CREAM
This is very good and makes more than enough for a large group, about 12 - 14 servings at least. Refrigerate afterwards and you can heat it in the microwave as well.